CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Week Has Passed

It's been a week since my Dad passed away and things are actually going pretty well. Sometimes it's still kind of weird cause I'm used to getting up and checking on him to make sure he is okay, and now I don't have to do that. I also have freedom. Not that I was a prisoner when my dad was sick but I did stay home A LOT because I was not comfortable being away.


Eventually I'm going to move into my Dads old room. Today I think my sister and I are going to start cleaning his stuff out which will be REALLY easy, he was clean and organized. I think one of the best ways to start to move on is to change his room. I don't want to be living in this house for a year with that room shut ya know.


This whole thing is not too hard to deal with. My sister and I (especially me) had time to prepare. I saw him get worse and worse every day and about a month before he passed away I was okay with him going. I think it is easier for the two of us than it is for anyone else, we lived it every day. I can't believe it's already been a week!


I have to say that I am kind of anxious to turn our house into OUR house, and I KNOW that is what my dad wants. It will be fun to decorate and all of that. I have been looking online for comforters because I get a new bedroom set (my dads was pretty new and is very nice!).


I really like bright colors so I wanted a bright comforter and after looking around I found this one...


I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to get it but I can't wait!

4 comments:

Glo said...

I love the colors and they look so you,ven if we've never meet. I think you got a good head on your shoulders. You've got to move forward.

Not a Granny said...

Love that bedroom set. It is so bright.

You sound like you are doing pretty good. Even though you were prepared, have you considered grief counseling?

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry kayli... You're in my prayers. I'm so glad to read that you're doing well-- I know I've said it before, but your strength really is amazing.

annnnd...

DEF love the comforter set!

monster's mom said...

Kayli, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I haven't been following up on blogs lately, but just read it now. I am sad for you having lost your dad, but you seem to be at peace with it and are moving forward steadily.

I don't know how you do it, but you are such a strong person. You are!

xoxo mowie