CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Being Chronically Late

is a huge pet peeve of mine! Every once in a while people are going to be late for various reasons but when it's a constant and regular occurrence it drives me insane!

This is something I definitely get from my dad. I have always been a punctual person whether it be to go meet friends, practice, or work, I'm always on time and usually a few minutes early just to make sure. I also think that being on time is respecting the person/people that you are meeting up with.

I have this friend that is NEVER on time, and when I say never, I mean it! She isn't just like 5 minutes late here and there, I'm talking 30 minutes PLUS! Today I wanted to take my car down to the Nissan dealership to get an oil change. My friend was going to follow me down there so I could drop my car off and then bring me back to my house. The plan was for her to be here at 10:45. It is now 12:49, TWO HOURS later and she STILL isn't here.

I'm saying forget the oil change today, either my sister will take me down tomorrow or I'll just go early and wait. Those dealerships can take a long time!

Anyway, this isn't a rare thing to happen, it's every time we are going to do something! It has been driving me up the wall lately and yesterday I let her know...not in a rude way though.

We were going to go eat lunch and I called her around 1:30 and she said she would be 20 minutes so I was expecting like 2:00...yeah right, she didn't get to my house till damn near 3:00!

Personally I think it's rude and disrespectful to be that late. Five minutes late may be acceptable at certain times but an hour-two hours is NOT acceptable in my book! I think it shows selfishness and it's just plain rude. The message that she is sending is that she doesn't care about anyone but herself. Ugh SO annoying! Does anyone else agree??

4 comments:

S.J. said...

AGREED! I am the same way as you. My parents taught me that if you are one minute late you are late.
If your friend doesn't get better I might consider not relying on her, because as you said, it's very selfish to be extremely late like that.
I don't know how you deal with it, I start calling if they are even five minutes late! haha.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I grew up with my mom, who is a notorious over-sleeper. We were late for school 2-3 times a week, before I got my license. I myself run late to work sometimes (when I have a job that is), but never more than ten minutes.

I had a friend who was either late or stood me up every time we made plans. It hurt my feelings each time, even though I knew to expect it.

Jenna said...

2 hours late is insane, I am one of those people who is 3-4 minutes late all the time, so I tend to try to set my clock ahead a little so I arrive on time.

Not a Granny said...

I'm one of those who is early. Sometimes I drive around killing time because I get there so early.

Have you tried giving her a time that is like an hour earlier? We have to do that with my sister in law. They always run 45 minutes late.